Home

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Liebster Award

A couple of days ago I was reading some of the comments on my chevron side table and one of them said that I had been nominated for a Liebster Award.




What is a Liebster Award well....

Here's what I found:

 The origin of the Liebster Blog award is a bit of a mystery, but the general consensus is that it originated in Germany, Liebster meaning favorite or dearest, to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.


I was nominated by Melody at my passion for decor

(who just finished an amazing transformation on another beautiful dresser.)

Part of the nomination is to give 5 random facts about yourself.

So here goes:

1.  I have size 11 feet (that's right SIZE 11) .  Which started out as a size 9 about 10 years ago, but grew 1/2 a size with every pregnancy. 
 (Funny little story.) 
 While in France a couple of years ago and shopping at an open market I asked the owner of a shoe stand if he had my size.  He laughed and shook his head and said, "non, non, non", like I was insane for asking. 

 Don't all those Parisian models have huge feet?
 Aren't big feet a sign of intelligence?

Answer:
YES

Size 11, claiming it.

Pinned Image
photo from pinterest

2.  The house I lived in 7 years ago no longer exists because of the fire that ravaged the town of Slave Lake in 2011.
(my thoughts and prayers still go out to all of those families who lost everything, but their lives)



3.  I've always wanted to run in a marathon.


4.  I love everything to do with  flowers, plants and gardening.



5.  I'm a mom to 4 beautiful children and have been married to an amazing man for the past 17 years. 
Life could not be better.





OK,
now for the fun part,
 I get to nominate 5 other up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
So here goes.

In no particular order:

1.  createinspireme is a great blog about furniture transformation
2.  lilyfieldfurniture also has many awesome furniture makeovers.
3. createcraftlove has a great zig zag quilt that I want to try and make.
4.newagain has a union jack dresser that I'm so inspired by.
5.lifewelive4 just finished a very cool and unique dresser.


So, if I have nominated you please complete the following 5 steps:

1. Post about your win on your blog.

2. Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award and Follow their blog.

3. Copy and paste the award button to your blog (you can right-click on the Liebster label from my page, save it to your computer, then save to your blog).

4. Present The Liebster Award to 5 blogs that have fewer than 200 followers that you think deserve to be recognized.

5. Let them know by leaving them a comment on their blog.

Thanks for the nomination
 Melody, now go check out the awesome blogs I nominated.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog choices!! So many talented people out there in blogland!!

    Melody
    www.mypassionfordecor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karyn--I've been doing this blog thing for about 9 months now and am still getting used to it. To be honest, when I saw you had nominated my blog for the Liebster Award I thought it was some kind of joke/scam/spam (lol), so I looked it up. Thank you so much for nominating me! I have so few followers that I really didn't know anyone looked at my blog except for my friends and family members who don't want to hurt my feelings. ;) I love "meeting" new people and have found some great new blogs of my own to follow! Again--a great big thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete