Home

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Winter Wreath and Snow...lots and lots of snow.

Well yesterday it snowed and snowed and snowed until we had over 30 cm of snow.
  It took me 2 hours of shoveling to clear the driveway and sidewalk. 
Some newspapers are calling it, "Fifty Shades of White". 
 I thought that was funny.

picture


 
snowClick to print imageClick to print image Click to print image

Every year I know that winter is coming, but I forgot how quick it can come.
 
 
The good thing is now my mother can put out her winter wreath
and flower arrangement
that we did a couple of weeks ago.
 


 I love how this flower arrangement turned out.
 

 
 
I followed the old thriller, filler, spiller idea.
 
Here's the thriller.
(twirlly sticks and long red blossoms)
 

 
some spiller
 

 
great filler
(tons of colour and texture)
 

 
 
I love how the white pops and the grey softens the whole thing.
She loves it and so do I.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Good Evening Karyn, I am sitting here, drinking my hot chocolate and your first photo makes it very apt. So much snow! I like your pretty wreath for the door and the flower arrangement. I love the term, thriller, filler and spiller, I shall have to remember that. Have a lovely evening. Best wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I literally gasped when I saw the pics of the snow covering your patio furniture. Oh my. I heart Edmonton winterssssss! (said in a sarcastic voice!)

    ReplyDelete